26 May JSX and Skyborne MOU to build ranks of pilot workforce
JSX and Skyborne MOU to build ranks of pilot workforce
Skyborne Airline Academy and JSX, an award-winning U.S.-based Part 135 air carrier, are today announcing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to supply First Officers for its Embraer ERJ fleet.
The MOU allows Skyborne to provide experienced former flight instructors the opportunity to fill First Officer positions at JSX, once they meet JSX’s strict hiring standards, including having achieved at least 1,000 total flight hours and 50 hours of multi-engine time. This agreement helps JSX source qualified pilots while giving Skyborne CFIs the opportunity to enrich their professional experience with a US Part 135 air carrier.
Captain Ed Davidson, Managing Director, Skyborne Airline Academy, says: “Our agreement with JSX marks the first time Skyborne has partnered with a charter operator, and we’re delighted to be supporting the business aviation industry. With more people flying privately in the US than ever before, relationships like this help address the demand for well-trained pilots.
“JSX is well-known in the industry for delivering exceptional service, so we are very pleased our CFIs will have another avenue of employment with a trusted partner that shares our drive for excellence.”
Captain Mike Anderson, Vice President of Flight Operations, JSX, says: “Skyborne’s thorough trainee selection process and impressive standard of training stand apart as concrete measures for producing professional and highly skilled pilots. With this partnership, we will further our mutual training and hiring objectives for future pilots in the aviation industry to cultivate First Officers who are well-prepared for the flight deck.”
JSX owns a fleet of 77 Embraer ERJ jets and provides public charter service to a growing network of popular destinations across the United States. The agreement between JSX and Skyborne was effective from April 22, 2022.
Founded in 2016, JSX is a hop-on jet service that’s faster on the ground, more comfortable in the air, and competitively priced. Recognized as among the top 5 “Most Innovative Companies for 2020” by Fast Company in the travel category and honored by Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) as the world’s only 2022 ‘Five-Star Regional Airline’ for a second consecutive year in a row and as the 2020 “Best Overall Air Carrier in North America” air carrier–JSX is dramatically improving air travel for thousands of travelers each month by offering the hassle-free, crowd-free experience of flying between private terminals on 30-seat, Embraer ERJ aircraft. For over half a decade, JSX has amassed a reputation for joyful, simple, and reliable air travel by carving out a new category of flying it calls ‘hop-on jet service’ for all, dramatically reducing the dwell time while improving the experience of air travel.
JSX offers many industry-leading features including:
- Allowing customers to check-in just 20 minutes before their flight from beautifully appointed, spacious private terminals
- No long check-in lines and fast, effortless, TSA-accepted security
- A bright, spacious, modern cabin interior featuring 30 leather seats with business class legroom, no middle seats, and power outlets at every row
- Added complimentary amenities for all customers such as two checked bags (including golf bags, skis, and snowboards), drinks, snacks, and cocktails inflight
- Planeside Baggage retrieval within minutes of arrival
- Enhanced cleaning protocols including aircraft disinfection, increased touchpoint cleanings, and installation of hospital-grade HEPA filters onboard
JSX proudly serves Austin (AUS), Burbank (BUR), Concord/Napa (CCR), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Denver/Boulder (BJC), Houston Hobby (HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Monterey (MRY), Oakland (OAK), Orange County (SNA), Phoenix (PHX), San Diego (SAN), Reno-Tahoe (RNO), and Westchester County (HPN), with seasonal service to Destin (DSI) and Gunnison/Crested Butte (GUC).
JSX flights may be booked directly through www.jsx.com, the JSX mobile app, or through codeshare partner JetBlue. JSX’s 30-seat jets may be chartered for group trips, corporate events, or other travel needs. For a custom quote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Social Responsibility
JSX remains committed to championing equality, diversity, and inclusion in the community. As an air carrier, JSX connects loved ones, colleagues, and businesses everywhere it flies, and is not just non-discriminatory, but highly and intentionally inclusive.
JSX works closely with the following organizations to actively create opportunities for people everywhere it flies:
- Partnership and membership with OBAP (Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals), NGPA (National Gay Pilots Association), Women in Aviation International, Latino Pilots Association, PPOT (Professional Pilots of Tomorrow), and AWAM (Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance)
- Recognized by the Human Rights Campaign with a 100% score on the 2022, 2021, and 2020 Corporate Equality Index, based on benefit programs, policies, and practices
- Awarded “Top Workplaces USA” and “Top Workplaces in the Bay Area” in 2021 by Energage
- Strategic partnerships with various Historically Black Colleges and Universities, creating internship and job opportunities for students not normally exposed to career paths in aviation
The first air carrier certified as Autism-Aware by Autism Double Checked
About Skyborne Airline Academy
Skyborne Airline Academy is a modern airline training academy based at Gloucestershire Airport in the United Kingdom and Vero Beach in the United States. Established by industry experts, Skyborne brings a fresh approach to airline pilot training.
Founders Tom Misner (chairman), Lee Woodward (CEO) and Ian Cooper (COO) have unsurpassed experience in commercial aviation, education and training. It is their vision to create a training environment where the highest standard of teaching, safety and relevant airline-style training is maintained, and interactive learning is encouraged.
Using a combination of tried and tested methods and the latest technology to assess competence, suitability, aptitude and resilience, Skyborne aims to recruit the very best candidates to minimise additional training, reduce failure rates and provide airlines with better pilots and cabin crew.
In January 2019, Skyborne was named as a leading training provider for IndiGo, India’s largest passenger airline.